What makes me passionate about wedding photography; Amy’s Experience


Too early in the Summer; yes, I was born in that time. Just at the end of the spring, yet, the vibe is not lost entirely. Maybe that’s why I love the summertime this much.

Anyway, in my early fourteen, I was introduced to the camera by my sweet mom as a birthday gift. At first, I was not that much fascinated and used to capture randomly; without any specific purpose.

bride and groom photography
bride and groom photography

But, it was my uncle who really taught me how to use a camera. He also taught me how a photographer can freeze a moment of someone through the lens; forever.
And yes, that’s what struck my brain.

‘Freeze the moment.’
From then on, I am attached intimately with my camera and gears. I started to capture people and their lifestyle through my camera. And now I’m here.

Yet, I am not a professional photographer.

But, I never say that photography is my passion. For me, a camera is a weapon that I use to seize a moment from your life. It is really thrilling.

Anyway, photography is something which made me sensitive to colors and helped me to have a visionary attitude towards photo editing.

Professionally, I am a photo retoucher serving full time in a promising organization.
However, being a camera person, I was asked numerous times to capture some of my friends’ wedding moments. First nervous, then, somehow managed to gather my courage and attended my dearest friend’s cousin’s wedding.

My God, that was quite huge and I have to admit, it’s not possible for any amateur or part-time capture to cover the event effectively.

It is very easy to make mistakes while capturing the moments when you have so many people and moments to capture continuously. I swear, it’s huge and really difficult.
By the way, I called another friend who is involved with photography and thank God, we were somehow able to manage the situation quite satisfactorily.
Okay, I mainly like to shoot photos in the portrait style. And yes, that’s what I did at the event.

amy wilson wedding photographer

A wedding program usually provides numerous opportunities to capture joyful moments. From the home to the church, you can shoot thousands of photos.

First, I covered my friend’s home where I captured her make-up moments. The way she was preparing herself for the final moment was really a scenic thing to see. Her bridal gown was shining and I didn’t miss the opportunity to capture some photos while she was enjoying herself in the gown.

It took me almost 15 minutes to sort out the perfect angle to cover all the footwear she was supposed to wear just for the day. Really impressive the collection was.

Anyway, maybe, it was quite difficult for me as I was no professional wedding photographer.
One thing that put me into a challenge was the tired faces of the guests. They were all exhausted because of the hardship they had to face to reach the destination.

Oh, I forgot to mention, my friend chose a remote place for her wedding event and it was surrounded by mesmerizing scenic beauties.

So, after the day-long shooting, I was fully exhausted but returned home safely. But, one last challenge to face and it is the biggest one.

wedding photography
wedding photography

It was to edit all of the photos and optimize them to get rid of all the drawbacks. You just can’t overlook them as most of the guests were dressed gorgeously and they all wanted to see themselves charming in the final outputs.

More or less, wedding photos need slight to massive editing and retouching job to make them suitable for the album.

I had to fix the color issues, remove spots, scratches, and dullness from the faces of the guests’ photos. In some cases, I had to fix contrast issues to make them look charming and live.

But first of all, I had to sort out the finest images to put them in the final list. It took quite a long time as there were 1500+ images.
1500+ images; can you imagine how hard it is to examine and cull all of them within a limited time.

Now I know why professional wedding photographer prefers photo editing services, especially for the wedding project.

Moreover, it is really tough to retouch all the selected photos by oneself as I understand it clearly during this project. It is tiresome and time-consuming. Retouching wedding photographs is undoubtedly an inefficient task and you may lose many of your valuable moments while handling this only resulting in potential customer-loss.

Furthermore, it is not possible for a single person to keep consistency while executing a big project like wedding photo editing and retouching.

Anyway, luckily, I had my own team and being a professional retoucher I had my own connection from where I managed to retouch the photos within a surprising little time.
So, in one sentence, my experience regarding my wedding photoshoot was horrible but I did come to realize something.

My realization is that no matter how experienced you are and well-equipped you are, more or less, you need wedding photo retouching services from any professional company to get the desired result within the shortest possible time.

However, to me, even after the horrible experience, wedding photography is a thrilling thing to do. It gives you the opportunity to interact with a large and happy crowd from where you can learn many things.
wedding photography
wedding photography

It can even gift you with leadership skill.
Let me explain.

When you attend a wedding program as the photographer you have to manage and rearrange all the individuals for the perfect frame.

Here, you will find some people not paying attention to your words. Often intentionally, they try to distract your attention.

So, managing them will flourish the leadership quality hidden inside you. Well, it’s my very own personal interpretation. You may disagree with it; no problem.
And yes, these sorts of things really provoked me to attend wedding events frequently and I plan to do it anyhow.

And one more thing, it’s just a secret of the professional wedding photographers. They use wedding photo retouching services from professional companies and that’s why they charge too much.

Basically, your target is to get outstanding photos. It does not really matter whether your photographer uses the photo retouching service or not. If he can provide charming photos; that’s enough.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts